Sunday, August 3, 2008

#22 Week 9 ebooks

It's been a few years since I have looked online for free audio books. The quality wasn't very good and never looked again. I can see that things have changed!

I first looked LibriVox. It took me a while to figure out how to search when I didn't know what title to look for. I ended up finding some African Folk Tales. The quality is good, especially considering that this whole project is done by volunteers! I thought that would be fun to share with teachers if they want an easy free access to content related stories. The whole series of the Wizard of Oz is there too...

Now - the Internet Archive is way cool. There is a collection of old classic cartoons, Felix the Cat, Betty Boop, Superman -- yes check it out!


The World ebook Fair also has hundreds of thousands of books. The childrens book collection has over 1800 like In Search of the Castaways, Hound of the Baskervilles and much more

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

Hi Robin,

Sorry I am behind in replying to these. Sounds like you found some really great sites for the ebooks and audio books. I know that this is something that we need to push more in the ASD>

Ann

ShareThis