Saturday, July 19, 2008

Week 3 #5&6 Flickr mashups

Last year I actually paid for a pro flickr account so I could upload more pictures. I have been using it more recently, but can't say I got my money's worth. We don't have access to flickr at school, or I would use it more there.

This summer I tried shutterfly and a couple of other free image sites, but they don't have what flickr has. I like the commons area and really wish we could get at that at school!

mashups.............................

OK-- this is so addictive! So many times I have looked at these things and said- 'oh this looks cool' and moved on...

Now, I have to try some of them and they are just too fun!

Though I didn't think much of montaqr, because I couldn't see how to make your own and save it. I suppose there is some thrill to think your photo is part of the collection... Is that it?

Now the trading cards are another story! Here's mine. Never having been a trading card buff I'm not really sure what to do with them or put on them. Going with the hiker librarian theme I can find plenty of pictures, but not sure about the icons. It's all in collecting - which I know nothing about! Would be easy to work these into a project with students... love it.

Took me a while to find this line on Mappr-- "Note: As of 2007, Mappr is no longer processing images from flickr. Take a look at flickr to find images on maps." : (

and finally-- here's my China mosaic. I think I'll try using this at the academy for Visual Literacy. Teachers can use too, families of course and wow.... I have to get off my computer!

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

One of the things that I find with the mashups is that they are so fun, most of them, that they become a time suck and suddenly I've spent an hour playing. .... I really like the trading cards. You could make trading cards for books and have each kid who reads it add a new trading card with a review. could be fun.

Ann

ShareThis