Saturday, July 19, 2008

Week 3 - thing #7 -- Tech -- So What is "Feed to JavaScript"?

So What is "Feed to JavaScript"?: "So What is 'Feed to JavaScript'?

An RSS Feed is a dynamically generated summary (in XML format) of information or news published on other web sites- so when the published RSS changes, your web site will be automatically changed too."

Yes-- this is very cool. (both the blog this and the feed2js) Got this link out of American Libraries May issue. This site allows you to creates the java script that lets you update your webpage from a blog or other RSS feed.

I want to try this bad! So, this is my big web 2.0 goal to start school with. Our school web page is a pain to work with and I hope this lets us be more flexible and more importantly up to date. Nothing is worse than an out of date web page!

I'll let you know how it all goes....

2 comments:

Robin Turk said...

ok-- now that I look at the post I'm disappointed that the quote from the web site is not somehow set apart like indented or in a box or something to distinguish it from the text that I write. This seems to be a big oversite to this feature.

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

But it sounds like if you can get it working, this feature could help to keep a website a lot more up to date and therefore, more usable. Definitely let me know how that goes.

Ann

ShareThis