Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week 5- Thing #10


Image Generators-- Oh is my library ready for some new signage!

I used Image Chef, which I have looked at but never played with, and found if very easy to get through and fast. However the football jersey I made never posted to this blog. Maybe it takes a while for it to come through? After trying to send it to my blog I had to re-create to send as an email. That took all of 30 seconds but still, a bit annoying, and the re-do to save to account. No option to download- although right clicking on the image did work, so no big deal! I do love all the options and easy interface. Just need ideas!


On FD Flickr Toys I made a billboard- I wasn't feeling very creative, so it's not that exciting, but I know where to find it when I need it! I tried making a billboard with just text, and that didn't work. Then I tried getting an image from the flickr tab, and that was almost cool because all of my flickr images just show up on the page, but it did not load the image as it appeared it was supposed to so I quit playing with that. Still a nice tool.

In searching for text generators I found an old favorite in Cool Text. Still an easy to use site with ability to make buttons or just text as images to download. I tried a new one called Font Image Generator that is ok. Lots of different fonts and some tools for messing with the image. Very simple. Only now that I try to load the image I see that it didn't save properly- I'll try again- the png format was the problem... Noticed that this tool also has the ability to do layers.


Also tried YourGen, which is even more simple then CoolText. There's no editing, just pick a font and go!

On image generators I discovered an interesting site duo. imagegenerator.org and imagegenerator.net the .org site was cool and a few different tools like magazine covers, comic strips and the ever exciting face change. I played with the face changing tool a bit and found they have a video tutorial on how to insert a face of your own... I stopped there, but someday it may be worth the time. The .net site on the other hand I found very distasteful in content and would not share with teachers to students... or anyone really.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Image generators have a lot of possibilities for libraries. Not just signage but new and innovative ways for kids to express themselves about books and so much more.

Ann

ShareThis